Welcome to my blog. Feel free to search around the archives for some great pictures and what led up to now.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Central Rock Gym - Worcester, MA


So I am in Boston for the week and I am looking for a job.  However, I also am looking to check out each of the 6 climbing gyms in Boston.  Today we went to the school Alex is trying to get into and on the way back we went to Central Rock Gym in Worcester.  I have to say, it was a much better experience.  I really had a great time there climbing and interacting with the other climbers.  First off, the setting was wonderful.  I would say that it was some of the best setting I have seen in a long time.  The moves were genuinely hard, and not too tricky.  They were clean and taped well, and adequate for the climate.  I would also like to give props to their main setter, Shane, who was not only crushing, but had his ratings right on the money (at least in reference to Hueco).  It was nice to go into a gym and feel like I was working on stuff within my grade, but also feel like I was accomplishing something.  I got on some great problems of all different ratings and felt like they were great all around.  As far as pricing, it was $10 just to boulder, which still doesn't beat exposure, but they at least had a boulder-only price. Overall, I would be glad to recommend this gym to anyone, but would wager a bet that this is the gym I end up calling my "home gym." We'll see though, there are 5 more gyms in Boston and they may each be a force to be reckoned with.


Size of Facility:          Great
Route Asthetics:         Great
Route Climbability:    Great
Route Maitenence:     Good
Training Equipment:  Great
Staff Friendliness:       Good
Staff Knowledge:       Great

Grade Trueness  V1-V4: True  V5-V7: True  V8+: True

No comments:

Post a Comment