Welcome to my blog. Feel free to search around the archives for some great pictures and what led up to now.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Qualifiers



So I left work at lunch on Friday and got ready to head up to Albuquerque for the Yank-N-Yard 2012. I expected the drive to take about 3.5 hours so we left at around 1:00 PM for the 5:00 PM isolation.  The drive, however took about 4.5 hours and I had conceded to not participate in the evenings qualifiers, but rather the citizens comp the next day.  I took my time getting to the hotel and got to the gym at about 5:50 PM.  At that point I was in no mental state to climb anytime soon.

Of course, as things go, the manager, Brian, let me know that if I went to iso right then, I could still climb.  I went around to the back, turned in my phone and started warming up.  After almost 2.5 hours of waiting, I went out to my first onsight comp.  The routes were hard, only seeing a few tops each.

After I was done, there were only two more competitors and we waited for the list of people that made it to finals.






    

No comments:

Post a Comment