Welcome to my blog. Feel free to search around the archives for some great pictures and what led up to now.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fun at Hueco

This past weekend I went to Hueco Tanks with Alex.  My intent was to send Dean's Journey, but after I got up on the problem and turned face down to see the rock below, my arms stopped working.  I am really bad at heights.  Then I did Free Willy and Bloody Flapper for redemption.  Then, since it was a little cooler I went over to try Black Mamba, a slopey 3 move problem.  It was not quite warm enough for that.  Since that didn't go either, I did the one move V3 next to it for fun and actually got it on video.  Here is the video and some of the pictures Alex got.







After a while I got on Power of silence and I actually felt really good.  Everything except my fingers.  After crimping Free Willy and Bloody Flapper, then sanding what was left of my skin off on Black Mamba, I just couldn't hold on.



Regardless of the pain, I continued to try it.  After a while though, my feet called and said they'd had enough too.  I guess it will go next time. 







1 comment:

  1. Dude, some of the sickest pictures I've seen are the ones you took on that 3 last time I was out there. That thing's a good time.

    ReplyDelete