Welcome to my blog. Feel free to search around the archives for some great pictures and what led up to now.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Rainy Day Hueco #12 & 35





 


Today did not end in my send of Power of Silence.  I don't know what it is about that boulder problem but that is a different story.  Today's story is about triumph and victory and perseverance...or at least about how it rained at Hueco and good things happened anyway.  First, I got there and went in the rain to go check out/clean Power of Silence and I stopped off at Diaphanous Sea.  I got the throw a few times in a row and felt confident, but wasn't able to link the bottom.  And every attempt it was getting wetter and wetter.



Then Bicho and Pop showed up and we went to The New Meadow with their friend Veronica.  Bicho and I got on a V11 named Gustov that was pretty neat.  We were fighting waterfalls that literally ran into your face as you climbed the problem.  Just as Bicho sent it, the seam of water on the left side of the boulder made its way into the heel-hook and all was lost for my attempt.




Disheartened, we headed to Martini cave, hoping to find some dry climbs.



There, I tried Martini Right, Bicho tried Dirty Martini, Pop got on Big Iron, and Veronica, Baby Martini.  I remember in 2008, looking at the throw on Right Martini and thinking it was impossible.  Today I not only stuck the throw, but I was able to control it and finish out Big Iron from there.  Then Bicho and I went for food and drinks to fuel for the attempts on Power. (Above you can see Bicho and Veronica "fueling" with the ever potent Cookies 'N Cream bar.)

As aforementioned, I did not send it.  Bicho did, however get it but as none of us (him included) thought he would get it that go, didn't get it on film.  I'll be back out tomorrow to see how things go.  Maybe I'll start on Power.

No comments:

Post a Comment