Welcome to my blog. Feel free to search around the archives for some great pictures and what led up to now.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Slain

Once upon a time...


I woke up at 7:00 this morning and headed out to Hueco.  It was almost 80° by the time I checked into the park around 8:15.  I brought a guy I work with named Shawn out and he had never been there, so by the time we watched the video it was so hot.


In true fashion, I forgot to dump the photos off of my memory card so I took video of about 3 attempts before I ran out of memory.  I told Shawn to just take some photos at his leisure.


I figured that after 5 or so attempts it wasn't going to go anyway.


I was shredding my pointer finger on my right hand every attempt.  I knew I would have to get it soon or give up, and El Techo was the only reason I came out today.


I had fallen on the move out of the cave twice, and I was getting pretty frustrated.  After all, that was the "easy" part.  I wasn't even having difficulty there when I was working it.


After about the 14th go at it, I pulled a flapper on the side of my finger.  I had literally one more wrap of tape left and wound it around the torn up skin, prepared for a final go.


I pulled the start and cruised through the beginning section.  Shawn had the camera in hand and was snapping away.  On what had to be the last go of the day, I sent El Techo De Los Tres B.


I am super psyched.  However, my hand was not as happy.

1 comment:

  1. Finally! Good job cuz! El techo is not easy!

    ReplyDelete